The importance of building a high-quality website
Your law firm’s website is the cornerstone of all your online marketing efforts. With 89% or more of your potential clients using the internet to inform their purchasing decisions, building a user-focused, conversion-driven website is crucial for the success of all your other marketing strategies.
Your website needs to rank well in search engines like Google so potential clients can find you easily. It needs to be visually compelling and contain persuasive content that guides potential clients through their buying journey. Your site needs to have functionality that will allow you to track users and capture their contact information and other details when they choose to reach out. Your site needs to be dynamic and responsive, but it also needs to be stable.
The list of requirements for a high-quality website is long — and getting longer. Fundamentally, though, your website should instill confidence and compel users to contact you directly by phone or by completing a form so you can follow up with them promptly.
Our approach to web builds for law firms
At LaFleur, we take a strategic approach to web development and design with an emphasis on careful planning, proven best practices, and data-driven innovations. This leads to an efficient process and outstanding final product that both stands on its own and supports all your other marketing initiatives, whether online or off.
Below, we have outlined some of the most important phases we work through while building or updating a website for your law firm.
Phase 1: strategy and planning
Because your website is both a representation of and a tool for your law firm, we strive to understand your business, goals, area, audience, competition, and more to effectively attract and engage with your ideal clients.
Below are important milestones within the strategy and planning phase of website development:
- Conducting a discovery session with stakeholders at your firm to gather relevant data that will inform our work throughout site creation
- Creating a detailed keyword analysis report that includes a competitive SEO analysis, expert evaluation, and key recommendations
- Developing an objectives report that defines your site’s primary goals, key performance indicators (KPIs), and conversion metrics
- Creating a sitemap that will establish the information hierarchy of the website and communicate it to search engines as well as optimize navigation for users
Phase 2: content development
With a well-defined strategy in place, we begin creating content. Our content is written and edited by our uniquely qualified and experienced team of writers, editors, and SEO specialists. Every piece of content we create is unique to your site, written with an understanding of your target audience, and optimized for search engines.
Important milestones in the content creation phase include:
- In-depth topic ideation, research, and outlining
- Copywriting, editing, proofing, and SEO optimization of your web pages (including title tags, meta descriptions, heading tags, and target keywords)
- Adding relevant photography or other visuals to pages based on content and optimizing those elements for quality, improved load times, and SEO
Phase 3: design and development
Website design and development takes place concurrently with content creation to accelerate the website build process. Your site will be built using WordPress as your content management system (CMS). As the top website platform in the world, there are thousands of developers constantly improving WordPress and creating plugins to extend its functionality and usability.
Noteworthy milestones in the design and development phase include the following:
- Setup of site hosting
- Collaborating with you to choose engaging design elements such as typography, images, color schemes, and more
- Installing and customizing a WordPress theme as well as customizing site layout and design based on the approved sitemap
- Installing, configuring, and styling our standard plugin package and any other plugins that we determine will help facilitate the goals outlined in the strategy phase
Phase 4: testing, implementation, and quality control
Upon completion of your website build, our staff will perform in-house quality and assurance testing on a variety of browsers. We also review the site to ensure it meets best-practices standards and performs well on popular desktop, mobile, and tablet devices.
Phase 5: ongoing website maintenance
After your website is launched, we have an ongoing monthly maintenance plan that relieves the stress of worrying about your site’s day-to-day performance and allows us to stay ahead of most problems.
Our monthly maintenance plan will keep your site operational and includes services like:
- Ongoing web hosting
- Updating WordPress theme and plugins as needed to maintain core site functionality
- Monitoring, identifying, and resolving basic security issues to prevent your site from being penalized by search engines
- Up to 3 free, non-cumulative hours of additional site work per month
- Uploading and optimization of additional in-scope content
Get engaging, cutting-edge web design with LaFleur
We have created dozens of appealing, engaging websites for our clients using a strategic, process-based approach that focuses on quality at every step. If you and your firm are looking to create a new website or update your existing one, please call (888) 222-1512 or complete our simple contact form.
Better websites lead to the best clients. Let’s talk today and get started!
Not ready to talk with someone yet?
That’s okay! We have a lot of other resources related to website design, search engine optimization, and online marketing. Check out a few of them below:
- Top 5 Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Law Firm’s Website
- The 10 Essential Elements Your Law Firm’s Website Needs
- Digital Marketing’s Role in Potential Client Decision-Making
2012 Digital Influence Index shows internet as leading influence in consumer purchasing choices. (2012, January 31). Fleishman Hillard. Retrieved from http://fleishmanhillard.com/2012/01/31/2012-digital-influence-index-shows-internet-as-leading-influence-in-consumer-purchasing-choices/