$500 Scholarship for College Student or High School Senior
Overview of LaFleur’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and the Legal Industry Scholarship
LaFleur is deepening our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion—not only within our organization but throughout the communities we serve.
Full inclusion in all areas of personal, public, and professional life benefits all members of society. But it is not simple work, and the discriminatory practices of the past continue to affect us in the present. Knocking down systemic barriers to inclusion is an ongoing process that requires active participation and investment from all of us.
One way LaFleur is investing in a better future is through our 2022-2023 scholarship program. We are excited to support an enthusiastic student who identifies as female and/or part of the BIPOC community, with an interest in the legal industry.
The basic scholarship requirements include:
This scholarship is open to female and/or BIPOC students who are currently enrolled in college (four-year instutition or community college) or are high school seniors. All applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Required Application Materials:
Applicants must include the following application materials at the time of their submission:
- Confirmation of college enrollment at a four-year institution or community college.
- A 750- to 2,000-word essay an a topic related to diversity, equity, and inclusion within the legal industry. This could be as simple as “Why I want to be a lawyer,” the importance of diversity in the legal profession, or a similar topic.
The scholarship is offered twice per year, and applications are accepted year-round. The two deadlines each year are:
- December 31 at 11:59 p.m.
- June 30 at 11:59 p.m.
How to apply for LaFleur Marketing’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and the Legal Industry Scholarship
- Fill out the short form on this page.
- Check your inbox for an email with specific details about the application process. (Note that the email may end up in your spam or junk folder, so be sure to check there if you don’t see it in your inbox.)
- Follow the detailed submission instructions included in the email.
- Please note, the winner will be contacted via email and required to provide a current academic transcript to officially receive the scholarship. Also, the final payment will be sent to the financial aid office of the awardee’s institution.