SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
SERVICES FOR LAW FIRMS
Does a Law Firm’s Social Media Presence Really Matter?
Many attorneys aren’t convinced that social media can generate revenue for their practice; they don’t generally get walk-in clients from Twitter, after all. But an engaging and vibrant social media presence — while not always easy to quantify in terms of raw revenue — can build and strengthen the relationships between you, your followers, and their extended social circles, creating a ripple effect that extends your law firm’s reach far beyond anything you could achieve through more traditional marketing means.
Properly integrating social media into your marketing plan is a process with lots of moving parts. To reach new audiences and bring more clients to your door, you need to leverage your social profiles to share ideas, stories, and data that are relevant, that highlight unique aspects of your brand, and that integrate with and advance other marketing efforts (like your content marketing strategy).
Taking the Mystery and Uncertainty Out of Social Media Marketing
At LaFleur, we understand how to navigate today’s complex social media landscape and how to create customized social media marketing plans that align with current trends as well as your firm’s brand and goals. When you work with our team, you’ll take the guesswork out of deciding which platforms to use and how to capitalize on their strengths and user bases; we choose the suite of social tools that’s most likely to create the best ROI for your firm and then optimize posts and content to fit each social platform and maximize engagement.
Of course, if you’ve ever watched a company land in the news over a social media gaffe, you know the consequences of letting the wrong person or agency handle your social accounts. We know that your brand is important and needs to be protected across all marketing channels, which is why we begin every social media relationship by:
- Working diligently to understand your firm, employees, and clientele
- Researching your business, competition, and community
- Learning about your values, practice areas, and expertise
- Crafting a social media voice that will represent your firm in an honest and professional way that reflects the experience clients can expect while working with your team
- Creating a long-term strategy to position your firm as a thought leader in your service areas
Most importantly, we deliver results. By monitoring, quantifying, and analyzing posts and their effectiveness, we can provide detailed reports on the effectiveness of your social media campaigns and continually hone them to deliver the best return on your investment.
WANT TO REACH YOUR GOALS? WE CAN HELP
Are you looking for more leads? Better brand exposure? To gain more 5-star reviews?
The best way to get to know how we can help you achieve your marketing and business growth goals is through a simple conversation.
We know you’re busy, so leave us your information and we will reach out to set up a time to chat for 30 minutes to better understand how we can help you achieve success.
Understanding the Most Important Social Media Platforms for Law Firms
Below is a list of some of the most essential social media sites for law firms and a brief overview of how we can use each of those platforms to create value for your firm.
- LinkedIn: Known as the social media site for professional networking, LinkedIn’s value primarily lies in connecting with your peers and colleagues to foster relationships and referrals. Posts for LinkedIn should focus on highlighting your firm as a thought leader in your practice area(s) and community. When we manage your LinkedIn presence, we showcase the skills, talents, and accomplishments of your team, keep you at the forefront of what’s happening in your areas of expertise, and optimize your page for maximum visibility and accuracy.
- Facebook: Facebook can seem too personal for some attorneys, but that perceived drawback is really the platform’s greatest advantage. Lawyers are often hired based on trust, and there’s no better place to grow that trust than on the social platform that many prospective clients use every day to connect with friends, family, and colleagues. Your Facebook page should put a more human and relatable face to the professional selling points of your brand; posts can highlight prominent cases, community involvement, charitable contributions, and notable employee achievements as well as snapshots of daily life for you and your team.
- Twitter: Thanks to its signature 140-character limit, Twitter provides a quick, concise way to share your firm’s story with a large audience and respond to breaking news and events. By doing so, you can position your brand firmly in the public conversation when notable events happen that involve one of your practice areas. In addition, Twitter provides an ideal space to share recent blog posts, updates about a high-profile case’s status, or information about your upcoming speaking engagements and events.
- YouTube: YouTube is currently the second most-visited website in the world, and it’s more popular than Google among desktop users. Why is YouTube so popular? Simple: because video is powerful. As the most compelling and accessible form of storytelling available, video allows you to explain complex legal issues simply, directly, and in your own words, and it allows your satisfied clients to communicate their positive experiences. Video makes you more accessible and your firm more inviting to prospective clients. LaFleur can work with you to create and promote high-quality videos that speak to the unique qualities of your firm, inspire trust among potential clients, and engage the large segment of your audience that prefers visual content.
Of course, these platforms make up only a tiny sampling of the enormous possibilities available to law firms in today’s complex social media universe. Sites and apps like Avvo, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Tumblr, and countless others are constantly growing and changing, and each platform’s relevance for an individual law firm depends on the circumstances.
Once we get to know you, your firm, and your clients, we can make recommendations about the exact set of social media tools we can use to deliver results for your firm.
Make Your Social Media Presence Part of Something Bigger With LaFleur
Social media marketing is an effective and low-cost way for law firms to promote their brand and get their message out to audiences far beyond their traditional sphere of influence. But your social media presence can only reach its full potential when it’s working in harmony with your website, SEO strategy, and other marketing channels — which is why you need a marketing partner who can execute your social media campaigns in the context of a holistic, data-driven digital marketing strategy.
Interested in learning more about our social media marketing services? Call (888) 222-1512 or fill out our online contact form to speak with a legal marketing expert and learn what LaFleur can do for you.
Not Ready to Talk With Someone Yet?
That’s okay! We have a lot of other resources related to social media marketing for law firms. Check out a few of them below:
McGoogan, C. (2016, February 1). YouTube is now more popular than Google.com on desktop computers. The Telegraph. Retrieved from http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/02/01/youtube-is-now-more-popular-than-googlecom-on-desktop-computers/