SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING SERVICES
FOR HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATIONS
Does a Healthcare Organization’s Social Media Presence Really Matter?
Many healthcare executives aren’t convinced that social media can generate revenue for their organization; they don’t generally get walk-in patients from Twitter, after all. But an engaging and vibrant social media presence — while not always easy to quantify in terms of raw revenue — can build and strengthen the relationships between you, your followers, and their extended social circles, creating a ripple effect that extends your healthcare organization’s reach far beyond anything you could achieve through more traditional marketing means.
Properly integrating social media into your marketing plan is a process with lots of moving parts. To reach new audiences and bring more members and business contacts to your door, you need to leverage your social profiles to share ideas, stories, and data that are relevant, that highlight unique aspects of your brand, and that integrate with and advance other marketing efforts (like your content marketing strategy).
Taking the Mystery and Uncertainty Out of Social Media Marketing
At LaFleur, we understand how to navigate today’s complex social media landscape and how to create customized social media marketing plans that align with current trends as well as your healthcare organization’s brand and goals. When you work with our team, you’ll take the guesswork out of deciding which platforms to use and how to capitalize on their strengths and user bases; we choose the suite of social tools that’s most likely to create the best ROI for your organization and then optimize posts and content to fit each social platform and maximize engagement.
Of course, if you’ve ever watched a company land in the news over a social media gaffe, you know the consequences of letting the wrong person or agency handle your social accounts. We know that your brand is important and needs to be protected across all marketing channels, which is why we begin every social media relationship by:
- Working diligently to understand your healthcare organization, employees, and consumer base
- Researching your business, competition, and community
- Learning about your values, service areas, and expertise
- Crafting a social media voice that will represent your organization in an honest and professional way that reflects the experience patients, members, and business contacts can expect while working with your team
- Creating a long-term strategy to position your organization as a thought leader
Most importantly, we deliver results. By monitoring, quantifying, and analyzing posts and their effectiveness, we can provide detailed reports on the effectiveness of your social media campaigns and continually hone them to deliver the best return on your investment.
Understanding the Most Important Social Media Platforms for Healthcare Organizations
Below is a list of some of the most essential social media sites for healthcare organizations and a brief overview of how we can use each of those platforms to create value for your business.
- LinkedIn: Known as the social media site for professional networking, LinkedIn’s value primarily lies in connecting with business owners and insurance brokers to foster relationships. Posts for LinkedIn should focus on highlighting your healthcare organization as a thought leader in the healthcare industry and your community. When we manage your LinkedIn presence, we showcase the skills, talents, and accomplishments of your team, keep you at the forefront of what’s happening in your areas of expertise, and optimize your page for maximum visibility and accuracy.
- Facebook: Healthcare relationships are built on trust, and there’s no better place to grow that trust than on the social platform that many prospective patients, members, and business contacts use every day to connect with friends, family, colleagues, and their audiences. Your Facebook page should put a more human and relatable face to the professional selling points of your brand; posts can highlight patient success stories, community involvement, charitable contributions, and notable employee achievements, as well as snapshots of daily life for you and your team.
- Twitter: Thanks to its signature 140-character limit, Twitter provides a quick, concise way to share your organization’s story with a large audience and respond to breaking news and events. By doing so, you can position your brand firmly in the public conversation when notable events happen. In addition, Twitter provides an ideal space to share recent blog posts, updates about your organization, or information about upcoming events.
- YouTube: YouTube is currently the second most-visited website in the world, and it’s more popular than Google among desktop users. Why is YouTube so popular? Simple: because video is powerful. As the most compelling and accessible form of storytelling available, video allows you to explain complex healthcare issues simply, directly, and in your own words, and it allows your satisfied members to communicate their positive experiences. Video makes you more accessible and your healthcare organization more inviting to prospective consumers. LaFleur can work with you to create and promote high-quality videos that speak to the unique qualities of your organization, inspire trust among potential consumers, and engage the large segment of your audience that prefers visual content.
Of course, these platforms make up only a tiny sampling of the enormous possibilities available to healthcare organizations in today’s complex social media universe. Sites and apps like Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Tumblr, and countless others are constantly growing and changing, and each platform’s relevance for a healthcare organization depends on the circumstances.
Once we get to know you, your organization, and your consumer base, we can make recommendations about the exact set of social media tools we can use to deliver results.
Make Your Social Media Presence Part of Something Bigger With LaFleur
Social media marketing is an effective and low-cost way for healthcare organizations to promote their brand and get their message out to audiences far beyond their traditional sphere of influence. But your social media presence can only reach its full potential when it’s working in harmony with your website, SEO strategy, and other marketing channels — which is why you need a marketing partner who can execute your social media campaigns in the context of a holistic, data-driven digital marketing strategy.
Interested in learning more about our social media marketing services? Call (888)-222-1512 or fill out our online contact form to speak with a healthcare marketing expert and learn what LaFleur can do for you.