You’ve Got Questions About Healthcare Marketing — We’ve Got Answers
At LaFleur, we love questions. We are a curious group of marketing professionals, and we also deeply value transparency. Below, we’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions about our organization and legal marketing, and we’ve done our best to answer them candidly or point you to another resource that will provide an in-depth answer. And if you have a question that we haven’t addressed here, you can fill out the form on the bottom of this page and we’ll get back to you promptly with an answer!
Q: Can I afford to work with LaFleur?
Yes! We will carefully evaluate your current online marketing efforts and work closely with you to determine not only the specific services that will likely bring you the highest return on investment, but also what fits in your healthcare organization’s budget. Every one of our clients starts out with a unique, customized package, and as they experience success with us, many of them scale up and add other services that make sense for them.
In addition, we are always open to discussions about your current plan. If a strategy is delivering outstanding results, we are happy to scale it up. If something just isn’t working, we’re happy to reallocate your budget to other strategies that are. Our priority is always helping you succeed on a budget that works for you!
Q: Can you guarantee results?
We generally encourage people to approach guaranteed results with skepticism because it often means the guarantor doesn’t really understand the nuances of a project — or they’re just saying anything to get a sale.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a prime example of this. As much as we’d like to, no one can truly guarantee search engine rankings. Google is continually updating their algorithm to rank pages, the competition in different spaces varies drastically, factors outside of your control influence your search rankings, etc. No one, except perhaps the engineers at Google, know all the elements that influence rankings, so if you get a search ranking guarantee, it’s probably a false one.
While we don’t guarantee results, we can say that we have experienced consistent success with a variety of healthcare organizations in a wide range of contexts (from content marketing and social media to paid advertising and beyond). In addition, we’re always happy to provide references upon request.
Q: Why should I work with you instead of handling digital marketing in-house?
There are a lot of valid reasons to hire an in-house marketing professional for your healthcare organization, and we have worked closely with in-house marketing staff at many different types of businesses. However, many organizations come to a specific point where they are evaluating their marketing budgets and trying to decide whether to go with an agency or someone in-house. Working with an agency is usually the way to go.
Here are some important reasons why:
- Cost:There are a lot of hidden costs associated with hiring someone in-house. They need a workspace with a new computer, pricey software, and other tools. You have to cover payroll taxes, healthcare, their salary, and other costs. An in-house marketing person will also need a dedicated budget to fund your marketing initiatives. The list goes on. If you add all the costs up and instead spend them with an agency, your budget will always go further at the agency — and you’ll get better work from an agency because they’re experts.
- Expertise:We often joke about so-called “unicorns”: people who are truly experts in more than one area of digital marketing. We have an incredibly talented (and multi-talented) staff here at LaFleur, but none of our staff members could handle all of the marketing efforts for any one business and execute them to the same level of quality that our team can achieve by working together. No matter how good your in-house asset is, they can’t compete with a team of experts. If you had to choose between investing the same amount in one person or a team of experts, where would you invest?
- Scalability:Hiring one marketing professional is a complicated process, and hiring additional marketing personnel to meet your needs often takes even more effort. You first need the available budget to justify taking them on, and then you experience all the same costs associated with hiring someone new. With a marketing agency like LaFleur, our relationship can grow at the same rate your organization does. And if you need to scale down for some reason, it’s much easier to work that out with an agency than firing someone you hired and who has been working with you.
Q: How do I know what you’re working on, and how will you report results?
Here at LaFleur, we believe in building trust through transparency (and consistently delivering high-quality work). One of the ways we do that is by sharing access to our project management system. This allows our clients to check in on the status of their projects at any time.
It also allows our clients to choose a level of involvement that fits their schedule. Many decision-makers at the healthcare organizations we work with are incredibly busy, so we are happy to send them only the most urgent and high-priority items to follow up on. Some of our other clients prefer to be more involved in the details of their marketing efforts, so we are happy to integrate them into our project management in a way that works for them.
In addition to having access to our project management system, we schedule regular check-in calls with clients, deliver thorough reporting and analysis on key performance indicators (KPIs), set up access to analytics software for clients, and more. Plus, we are always available to field questions our clients have about the status of their projects, campaigns, and account.
Q: My healthcare organization has a notable negative review. Can you help?
In most cases, yes. Depending on where the review is, it may be possible to appeal it with the review site. For example, if the person leaving the review was not, in fact, a patron of your healthcare organization, you may be able to get it removed. If the review lacks any real substance, is inflammatory or offensive, or otherwise does not meet the requirements of the review site, you may also be able to appeal it. Because our team is familiar with the policies of many prominent review sites, we can certainly help you reach out and report or appeal a review if you have legitimate grounds to do so.
Sometimes, removing a negative review isn’t an option. In cases where negative reviews cannot be taken down, it may be in your best interest to respond to the review if the option exists. We have expert writers and editors on staff who can craft nuanced responses that align with your organization’s voice and messaging, and they can help you respond appropriately in a way that paints your healthcare organization in the best light possible.
In some instances, the option to respond is also not available; for example, if a person wrote a negative review on their blog. Another approach — one that we usually pursue before responding or asking a hosting site to take down a review — involves reaching out to the person who has written the review to see if you can remedy the situation. This is the preferred method for many reasons: you can turn that negative review into a positive one by following up, you will receive better word-of-mouth recommendations from the person, etc. Our team can go beyond crafting a compelling message to the reviewer by using marketing automation to track whether that person has read your email and automatically send a follow-up if they haven’t.
Concurrently with any of these strategies, we can use email marketing and other techniques to follow up with your satisfied patrons to solicit positive reviews that can outweigh any negative ones.
Q: What distinguishes LaFleur from some of the other digital marketing agencies I've seen online?
LaFleur is not your typical digital marketing agency. Here are just a few important reasons why:
- Transparency: We don’t think our work should be a mystery. From project management to reporting to billing, nothing we do is a secret to our clients, and if you have questions, we’re here to provide candid answers.
- A Holistic Approach: We take the long view of your marketing and growth. While we make a point of identifying the proverbial low-hanging fruit of your current efforts, we won’t pitch you a strategy that doesn’t contribute to meaningful, lasting growth. Our priority is always the long-term success of your organization.
- Extensive Knowledge of Digital Marketing Innovations, Techniques, and Best Practices: The digital marketing industry continues to change and evolve at a dizzying pace. Our team has years of experience creating successful digital marketing strategies for healthcare organizations, and we also stress education as a core value so we can keep up on the newest innovations in the digital marketing world. By combining our hands-on experience with restless curiosity and a desire to never stop growing, we position our clients for digital marketing success.
Have Another Question? We’re Here to Help.
We’ve done our best to answer some of the most common questions we get, but if there’s something you’d like to know about us, about marketing for law firms, or about online marketing in general, we’re happy to help! Fill out the brief form below with your question(s), and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.