EMAIL MARKETING SERVICES
FOR HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATIONS
What Is Email Marketing and Why Is It Important?
Email marketing involves the use of email to cultivate new leads, develop trust, and encourage new and repeat business. Unfortunately, when people hear the term “email marketing,” many of them think about the constant stream of advertising emails sent to their inbox that they delete without reading.
Email marketing doesn’t have to (and shouldn’t) involve spam and aggravating tactics, however. Well-crafted, personalized, and targeted emails are indispensable for converting potential consumers and business contacts, especially when paired with powerful, proven marketing automation strategies.
At LaFleur, we know that one of the most important techniques for maximizing conversions through email marketing involves targeting specific audiences (the public, patients, members, employers, brokers, etc.) with content catered to their individual needs and interests. Below are some of the broad groups that your contacts could be broken down into and some of the types of email marketing content that we can create and distribute to those groups.
Utilize Email Marketing to Get More — and Better — Healthcare Consumers
The diversity in demographics, needs, and interests among potential healthcare consumers is too varied to meaningfully market to them as one large group, which is why most people don’t bother to open the bulk of marketing emails they receive — most of these emails try to appeal to everyone and end up interesting no one.
We understand this pitfall of email marketing, and we use the power of data to avoid it. We can track a potential patient’s or member’s activity on your website, including how they arrived on your site, what pages they visited, how long they stayed on each page, and more. We can then incentivize them to provide their contact information with compelling content or free download offers for in-depth assets like ebooks and infographics.
Using the information we capture, we can make clear and accurate determinations about the type of email content that best applies to the prospective contact’s needs. Then we can use a wide variety of email marketing techniques to engage with them in a highly personalized and effective way.
Some examples include:
- Email Drip Campaigns — A drip campaign will send a specific sequence of emails over time to a given contact as soon as they opt in. For example, if a potential consumer or business contact downloads an ebook about updates to Open Enrollment, we can send them a series of emails that relate to the Affordable Care Act, important healthcare legislation and regulations in your state, how your organization has adapted to changing laws, etc.
Drip campaigns help guide people through their journey without constant outreach from you or your staff. By providing information and guidance at every step of that journey, you build trust and credibility. That way, by the time a consumer is ready to reach out to your organization, they’ve been nurtured into an ideal lead — and if they don’t need your services, you won’t waste valuable time chasing them down.
- Targeted Email Sends — Many situations call for a single targeted email send to a specific group of potential consumers: hosting an event or webinar, running a contest or giveaway, trying to re-engage with former business contacts who have fallen off your radar, and more.
- Email Newsletters — Regularly sending an email newsletter is an excellent way to stay at the forefront of your ideal consumers’ minds. After all, even if someone doesn’t need care or coverage when they opt in to your email communications, they may need help from your organization months or even years down the road. Staying in touch over the long term will ensure your organization springs to the front of their mind when they do need you.
- Informational Email Courses — Providing an email course can be a highly effective way to get new leads into your email marketing database and establish your practice, hospital, or network as a thought leader in your areas of expertise. By educating potential consumers about something they are interested in and sharing your unique insights, you establish your healthcare organization as a trusted resource they can turn to if they need help.
Nurture Your New and Existing Patients and Members with Email Marketing
Potential consumers and business contacts may be the primary focus of your marketing efforts, but they aren’t the only people you’ll want to target with email marketing campaigns. For example, when you take on new patients, members, or employer groups, you want them to feel like they are getting the help, care, and coverage they need. You also want to build trust with these new contacts and instill confidence in your organization. Creating these relationships requires unique, customizable email marketing approaches.
Once a potential consumer becomes an actual patient or member, we stop sending them emails from campaigns that are no longer applicable. Then, we can start sending new emails with content such as:
- Information about their specific health condition(s)
- Answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Details about the stages of their unique healthcare continuum
- Unique qualifications, resources, skills, staff, and any other benefits your organization offers
- Tips to help them improve their daily approach to health and wellness
- Reminders to get in touch about updates to their care and/or coverage, changes to their contact information, etc.
- Helpful tips on how to access patient portals, schedule appointments online, retrieve billing statements, and much more
We can also work with you to find the information-gathering tasks and routines that you and your staff spend unnecessary time on during the onboarding process with new consumers and business contacts. Then we can create email campaigns for these audiences that pre-emptively gather and organize this information so you and your staff can focus on more important things. These emails can even look like they came from an administrator’s inbox if you prefer.
Maintain Relationships with Former Patients, Members, or Employer Groups Through Email Marketing
Whether through word-of-mouth advertising, offering testimonials, providing online reviews, taking exit surveys, or any number of other services, your former patients and consumers are an integral part of your healthcare organization and your brand, and you don’t want to end your relationship with them after their illness or injury has been resolved — or if there has been any lapse in healthcare coverage or their relationship with your practice, hospital, or network.
With customizable groups and automation tracks, we can send emails specifically to these former patients, members, or employer groups. Messages that may be particularly relevant to these demographics include:
- Requests for Reviews — If consumers have had a positive experience with your healthcare organization, you’ll want to leverage that opportunity to capture positive reviews on platforms like Google, Facebook, Yelp, and others. Automated emails can provide detailed instructions and reminders for completing reviews.
- News About Your Organization — Once you’ve established a relationship with a consumer or employer group by providing great care and/or coverage, you’ll want to nurture that relationship by providing updates about your organization or facilities. This can be done through one-off emails discussing awards, accolades, noteworthy hires, etc. Alternately, you can regularly send a customized newsletter to your former patients and members that includes news about your organization, calls for referrals, details about upcoming events, and other relevant information.
- Updates From Your Website — Potential consumers are not the only individuals who can benefit from reading the content you publish on your website. By publicizing your recent blog articles and other content via email to your contacts, you can increase referrals, draw attention to specific health and wellness specialties, and keep your audience informed about important updates to healthcare legislation and regulations.
Stand Out in Your Professional Networks Using Email Marketing
Your healthcare organization and staff likely have close relationships with other caregivers, hospitals, and networks as well as contacts in the media. The emails you send to these groups should have different messaging from those you would send to potential, current, and former consumers.
And even though you aren’t directly marketing to other healthcare organizations or the media, the emails you send make a statement. Maintaining contact with different individuals and outside organizations through newsletters, summaries of recent patient success stories, commenting on important health or cultural issues, and other means can help keep your organization’s name in circulation and draw in more patients and members through referrals.
Create an Engaging, Personalized Email Experience With LaFleur
Of course, even if an email gets to the right person, it still needs to be well-crafted and personalized to make an impact and maximize the potential for growth. The same level of care and effort we put into creating content marketing materials goes into writing emails for your healthcare organization. From directing leads through the existing conversion structure on your website to encouraging direct action, we create personalized email content that gets results.
If you want to start taking advantage of cutting-edge email marketing techniques to generate more business for your practice, hospital, or healthcare network, call us at (888) 222–1512 or complete our simple online contact form today.
Not Ready to Talk With Someone Yet?
That’s okay! We have a lot of other information related to email marketing: